The Cargo Center is Located in Beirut, Lebanon, for Middle East Airlines formed of a steel structure composed of 12 frames braced from top and edges.
It contains an import & export zones ,freight zone and storage areas plus parking zones , summing up to an area of 20,567 m2 making it the largest cargo center in Lebanon
Our Responsibilities in this project were in the structural Steel Design as sub-consultants:
- Creating the Structural Model of the frame.
- Accomplishing full Analysis of all Steel Structural Elements
- Designing the Steel frame using wide Varity of Programs.
- Providing the AutoCAD drawings to commence construction.
The structural System was determined in accordance to the following code of practice:
- The Uniform Building Code “UBC 97” for the determination of lateral forces intensity and distribution
- AISC 1989 “A.S.D” for the determination of loads combinations & the design of Steel elements (slabs, beams, columns)