Cielo is a pearl of luxury in the heart of Beirut. This project has taken into account the finest requirements of pleasant living. Paying a careful attention to every detail in the design aimed at delivering exquisite living standards.
Consisting of three blocks of 27, 13, 24 floors respectively and 6 basement floors as parking areas. Offering a Spa, Gym, Swimming pools, Wide Variety of Sports Courts, located at “General Fuad Chehab Ave” facing Downtown Beirut. Project Cost 70 Million USD.
The structural analysis was carried out by Advanced computer software, based on the Finite Elements Methods (FEM), to evaluate the exerted forces on the structure, as well as to calculate the building response. Designed to withstand an acceleration of 3m/sec2 against seismic activity in accordance to UBC97.
The structural resisting systems to both gravitational and lateral loads consisted of the following:
- Post-tensioned (PT) cast in place flat slabs of 25 cm thickness.
- Reinforced concrete vertical elements (dual system).
- Pile-Raft foundation.
The scope of work included the administration and the supervision of all engineering work related to this project, including architectural, structural and Electro/Mechanical consulting:
- Review of contractor’s submitted shop drawing, for approval.
- Review of the as-built drawings.
- Technical assistance to the resident engineer.
The site technical supervision included the following tasks:
- Review of the testing reports related to the construction materials to ensure their conformity to the project specifications and the design requirements.
- technical review of alternative construction materials and alternative structural systems Technical supporting role in solving unforeseen site problems.
- Review of technical reports.
- Continuous control of the execution works throughout site visits
- Evaluation of quantities throughout bar bending schedule
- Submission of all record forms relevant to the Post-Tensioning works
- Evaluation of construction’s materials quality
Project supervision according to the project schedule and specifications, and all related work in various disciplines which may fulfill the project requirements and in accordance with the owner benefits included:
- Cost estimation
The preparation of tender documents
- General Conditions of contracts
- Specific conditions
- Bill Of Quantities
Project scheduling review and administration
- Review of the contractor submitted schedule including the projected cash flow
- Project schedule monitoring
- Administration of contractors submittals, change orders, and payments statements.
- Daily on site progress reports
- Monthly summary reports
- S-curve monitoring and adjustments
Cost control and efficiency control
- Analysis of the daily reports
- Cost centers analysis.